The curriculum in Wales is changing. From September 2022, all schools in Wales will follow the new Curriculum for Wales.
The changes to the curriculum will allow us to develop our children's skills and understanding in line with the four purposes set out by the Welsh government.
The four purposes are the shared vision and aspiration for every child and young person. In fulfilling these, we set high expectations for all, promote individual and national well-being, tackle ignorance and misinformation, and encourage critical and civic engagement.
Find out more about the new curriculum in the document below.
We gave our children a questionnaire to find out what they thought should be in our curriculum. There were four questions:
1. Write three words to describe what a really successful St Mary's pupil would be like when they leave Year 6.
2. What do you think it is important to have learnt to do before you leave St Mary's in Year 6?
3. What world issues do you think you should have the opportunity to find out more about while you are at St Mary's?
4. What local issues do you think you should have the opportunity to find out more about while you are at St Mary's?
Here are the results:
1. Successful St Mary's pupils:
2. What do you think you should have learnt to do before you leave St Mary's?
3. World Issues to learn about:
4. Local issues to learn about: